The main aim of such programs is to develop practical and innovative short term entrepreneurship-oriented training, with a focus on building a strong and growing mass of MSMEs, Entrepreneurial culture among youths and university staff as well as being at the forefront in ensuring that Kenya becomes an entrepreneurial nation.
The Post Graduate Certificate Course in Business Mentorship commenced in July 2011. This is a five month program that targets Practicing Entrepreneurs, consultants, financial officers working with MSMEs of Kenya. The first intake will be graduating in December while admissions for the January 2012 intake are ongoing.
The following short term courses (3 – 5 days) are currently being developed:
- Market driven Innovation Management in Partnership with Small Enterprise Promotion & Training (SEPT) program of Leipzig University of Germany. This is a 3-5 day course designed for managers and entrepreneurs in the private sector as well as business consultants.
- Internationalization strategies for SMEs in Partnership with Small Enterprise Promotion & Training (SEPT) program of Leipzig University of Germany. This is a 3-5 day course designed for Entrepreneurs wishing to internationalize their businesses with exports to foreign economies.
- Market planning for growth oriented SMEs. This is a 3 day course targeting SMEs finding challenges in understanding their market segment and growing their market shares.
- Financial Planning for SMEs. This a 3 day course targeting existing SMEs, with difficulty in financial management planning and interpretation.
- Governance and succession planning for family businesses and SMEs. This is a 3 day course targeting the SMEs at large with the aim of preparing them for succession and governance as they embrace growth.